Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Line graphs in Excel 2007

Hi,

It depends on the layout of your data. If you lay the data out vertically
meaning February shows up on a row below January then the best solution if
you are using Excel 2003 or 2007 is to use the List (Table in 2007) feature.
Plot your chart from a table where you haven't entered a month name until you
have data, then the chart will update automatically.

1. Define the data range as a List (2003) or Table (2007) by choosing Data,
List, Create List, OK in 2003. Or press the shortcut key Ctrl+L (or in 2007
Ctrl+T
also).
2. You can do this before or after you create the chart.
3. Then when the new months data comes in put it below the previous months
figures.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Charles Eaves" wrote:

I am trying to plot weekly sales in a given year.
Eventually in a year, there will be 52 weeks of sales labeled date,this yr
sales,last yr. sales.
I am using a line graph.
Everything is working fine except:
I would like excel to automatically update my chart for each week that I
have sales data for.
In the near fuure,when I enter data for the months of Oct,Nov,Dec and the
last part of Sept., I would like Excel to automatically update my chart.
I have tried to in my data table, put all the weeks of the year in the table
and as I get sales data, enter them into the table.
The chart will update but when the chart plots the data, it drops down to
zero because it doesn't have any sales data for the future months ahead with
no data.
How do you get Excel to update my chart as I am updating my data table for
the months ahead as I get them?
Thanks