Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Charles Eaves Charles Eaves is offline

Default Line graphs in Excel 2007

Thanks. I will try it but it is all greek to me especially the OFFSET
command.
I am a newbie to excel.
Thanks again.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
You could use an OFFSET formula to make the chart dynamic.
See
or

OR
Turn your data into an Excel 2007 Table by selecting the current data and
using Insert | Tables | Table. A chart made from a Table (must be defined
as such) is automatically dynamic

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Charles Eaves" wrote in message
I am trying to plot weekly sales in a given year.
Eventually in a year, there will be 52 weeks of sales labeled date,this
yr sales,last yr. sales.
I am using a line graph.
Everything is working fine except:
I would like excel to automatically update my chart for each week that I
have sales data for.
In the near fuure,when I enter data for the months of Oct,Nov,Dec and
the last part of Sept., I would like Excel to automatically update my
chart.
I have tried to in my data table, put all the weeks of the year in the
table and as I get sales data, enter them into the table.
The chart will update but when the chart plots the data, it drops down to
zero because it doesn't have any sales data for the future months ahead
with no data.
How do you get Excel to update my chart as I am updating my data table
for the months ahead as I get them?
Thanks