Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default XL2000, CF and List Comparisons

Do you mean that you want to compare B2 just with E2, then B3 with E3
etc., or do you want to compare B2 with all of the numbers in column E
to see if there is a match, then B3 with all of column E etc.?

Pete

On Sep 29, 6:54*pm, LPS wrote:
Many thanks to Sean Timmons for the Vlookup solution. *

Using the same Excel 2000 worksheet, (I have two lists of data, both two
columns. *
The first list is named "OurOrders" and contains an Order Number (Column B)
and Dollar Amount (Column C). *The second list is named "TheirOrders" and
contains an Order Number (Column E) and a Dollar Amount (Column F)), *how do
compare the two Order Number columns such that if Column E is not the same
as Column B, or is empty, Column B is formatted? Can I do this with
Conditional Formatting?

All help is greatly appreciated.
--
LPS