Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CP CP is offline

Default Use cell contents to refer to a sheetname in a formula

I have the following formula, which looks up the following:
The expense amount (Legal!D1:D3) in the year 2006 (Summary! E2) for the
month of February (Summary! E3):
=INDEX(Legal!$D$1:$D$3,MATCH(1,(Summary!$E$2=Legal !$A$1:$A$3)*(Summary!$F$2=Legal!$B$1:$B$3),0))

The formula works great (entered as an array). Now, on the Summary tab, I
would like to enter other sheet names for other departments (ie., HR,
Marketing), and have the formula read it from the cell. On the Summary tab,
Legal is listed in call A7. So instead of Legal!$D1:$D3, how do I make it
read A7!$D1:$D3, so I can copy it down and have the information pick up for
my other departments?

I apologize if this has been asked/answered before; I haven't been able to
find a spot-on matching problem, and nothing I've tried works.