Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Needs Help Needs Help is offline

Default IF Function Help

I was able to figure out the formula. I do have another question. I have a
column filled with dates. I want to be able to create a formula that pulls
the most recent date to show in a different cell. How would I do that.

Lets say I have in column H:
9/21/08
10/02/08
01/26/09
6/26/09

I want to be able to have the most recent date (6/26/09) show in cell A1.

Thanks!

"Needs Help" wrote:

I am trying to create an IF function for a spreadsheet. What I want the IF
statement to do is to look at a column, and depending on what is in the
column, return a date. This is what I have so far, but I cannot get it to
work when I add more IF statements to the formula:

=IF(F17,"1",DATE(YEAR(B17),MONTH(B17)+12,DAY(B17)) . What I want to add is IF
F17,"2",DATE..... I want to be able to do this several more times in the same
statement. Please help.

Thank you!