Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Print Directory to Excel

Sorry, let me go back one step. Are you able to view this information
manually? If so, where specifically do you see it?

I don't recall there being an "owner" property of a folder or file,
only a "created by" or "last saved by" property. How would it be
determined or enforced?

--JP

On Sep 29, 2:10*pm, Melody wrote:
Yes, I mean the owner of the file/folder. *I can't use the add-in because it
runs a .exe file and at work our pc's are set up to not allow us to install
programs. *Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. *I guess it depends on
how the program is set up to run.

Anyway, *just as you can see in the code that the path, filename, last
saved, etc is displayed, I also wan to display the owner of the file/folder. *
I don't know VBA enough to know what the value for that setting might be or
where to exactly put it in this code.

"JP" wrote:
Do you mean the Owner of the folder? That sounds like an API thing. Or
maybe the Windows Script Host or FileSystemObject.

But I'm confused. If you can use the code in your original post, why
can't you use Chip's add-in? They're both VBA code. I must be missing
something here.