Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default Expand a box

start here

Once you grasp the basics, check her site for info on dependent dropdowns.
That is the ultimate solution to your question

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi
I do not know if this is possible but I have a large hierarchy of
information and I am trying to set it up on excel so everything is easy to
look for. My idea was that I start of with several boxes with eg Waste,
Cleaning, Catering etc. You click on the cell or the command box which ever
and more options appear eg if you click on catering options appear in a
similar fashion as an organisation chart which will say vending, food, coffee
etc and when you click on that it expands a column with all the info about
that particular subject.

Again not sure if it can be done but any other suggestions would be really
appreciated.
--
Thanks

Ruth