Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default numerical error

What happens if you make the column wider?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Srinivas" wrote in message
Sir,

I tried all this it is not working if it is excel it will work but the
file
is .csv format once iam formatting like this save and once i reopen the
file
it is going again same format.

srinivas

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

1. Choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Number, 0 decimals
2. Widen the column as far as necessary to see the 14 digits.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Srinivas" wrote:

Sir,

Actually I am uploading a barcode file which is in .csv format to our
software. Our barcodes are 14 digits when im uploading it is taking
like
8.9029E+12 instead of 8902900259286 what ever doing format once i close
and
opens it is again going to 8.9029E+12 format. Please help me

Thanks & regards,
--
srinivas

"Joel" wrote:

Excel is converting the number to Scientific notation. You want to
go to
formating and change the number of decimal places to a larger number
handle you large numbers.

"Srinivas" wrote:

Hi

When iam typing number (14 digits) in excel which is .csv format it
is
giving error 8.9029E+12 like this i tried to format in general,
number, text
but error remains same once i saved and reopen the file can any one
help me
in this

Thanks
--