Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] djrobb03@comcast.net is offline

Default Problem Returning Mulitple Lookup Values

I have a workbook with two sheets, sheet2 is a data sheet and sheet1
is a summary of information from sheet2 which performs calculations on
information from sheet2.

Sheet1 is layed out with a listing of names starting in G6:G10 (i.e.
team member names Derek, John, etc.) and cells I3:IJ3 contain a
listing of dates, both correspond to Sheet2 (assume he same data
ranges for now on both sheets). The problem I am having is returning
a data value to sheet1 for multiple instances of a team member name on
sheet2. For instance "Derek" may show up 4 times in G6:G10 and
associate with different dates on sheet2 but using vlookup I can only
return the first row where "Derek" is found. The formula is copied
accross the sheet to correspond with the various dates.

I would like to return all of the data instances based on the date for
a particular team member.
The formula I currently started with is =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(MANPOWER!
$G6, GanttChart!$D$3:$IU$94, 1, FALSE)), "-", HLOOKUP(I$5, GanttChart!
$D$3:$IU$94, MATCH($G6,GanttChart!$D$3:$D$94,))) where Manpower is
sheet1 and GanttChart is sheet2 in my example above.

Any help is apprciated. I can email a copy of the spreadsheet upon
request.