Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default CFormatting is under certain value

If you mean colour Column A whenever *any* cell in Column N is negative then
try:

=MIN($N:$N)<0

in Conditional formatting

If you mean if the the cell in the same Row in Column N is negative then
colour only the entry in Column A in that row then use:

=N1<0

If you mean if there is no value in Column N in the same Row then do not
colour Column A but otherwise colour Column A if *any* cell in Coloumn N is
negative then in Condition 1 use:

=OR(N1="",N1=0)

and select no Color and in Condition 2 use:

=OR(N1="",N1=0)

If you mean something different then post back.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"computexcel" wrote in message
I lost a formula I had for conditional formatting.
This is what it did:
Color all names RED in column A if column N values goes under 0 (zero).
A=names
N=numbers
Also if there is no values(empty)
in column N, name in column A will remain the same.
Hope someone help me ( is a short one) however at this point any formula
will do.
THANKS.