Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Display Empty Cell When Using SUM formula

I don't know....six of one, half dozen of the other!

SUM saves you 2 keystrokes and you could eliminate the =0 to save 2 more!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Before Harlan jumps in and being more picky than even the OP, would it not
be better to use:

=IF(COUNT(.....)=0,"",SUM(.....))

I know that it is a Sales Order Template but I suppose that it is always
possible that if there was a cancelled order, the credit note is entered
as a negative.

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Is the Total cell one of the cells cleared in your macro?

If so, why clear (delete) the formula? Just write the formula like this:

=IF(SUM(.....)=0,"",SUM(.....))

And remove that cell reference from your macro.

Also, you can simplify the macro to:

Sub NewSalesOrder()
Range("B2,B4:B13,E14").ClearContents

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Koomba" wrote in message
I am using a Custom Sales Order Template. I use a macro to clear contents
(from previous sales order). I use SUM formula in the TOTAL cell and
wonder
if I can have the TOTAL cell show as empty (but leave formula intact)
after
macro clears contents. I am being picky here, I know.

Here is Macro:

Sub NewSalesOrder()
'
' NewSalesOrder Macro