Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Varne Varne is offline

Default Numbers For Letters

Hi Mike

Sorry if my information is misleading but I need the codes to generate
numbers to cover every permutation generated via the key board. Actually I
gave the 'abc' as an example. If somebody puts in 'Tim' in cells(1,1) then
the number generated should be 20913 meaning 20 for t, 9 for i and 13 for m.
Do you have a solution?

Thanks
M Varnendra

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Several ways and here's one

Sub lime()
Select Case Cells(1, 1).Value
Case Is = "abc"
Cells(1, 2) = 123
Case Is = "bac"
Cells(1, 2) = 213
Case Is = "cba"
Cells(1, 2) = 321
Case Else
End Select
End Sub

Mike

"Varne" wrote:

Hi

Could someone show me the codes for the following problem?

I want a Macro that should do the following?

If cells(1,1)="abc" then I want cells(1,2) to show 123
If cells(1,1)="bac" then I want cells(1,2) to show 213
If cells(1,1)="cba" then I want cells(1,2) to show 321

Thanks.

M Varnendra