Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Linking Issues

When I say "spreadsheet", I'm referring to a worksheet within a workbook file
with a .xlsx filename.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Kathy

Hard to get a picture of what you mean.

The term "spreadsheet" is too generic

First, let's set some ground rules...........what do you consider as a
"spreadsheet"?

A worksheet within a workbook?

An entire workbook?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:54:01 -0700, Kathy
wrote:

I create a new spreadsheet each month and copy and paste the formatting from
a previous spreadsheet. Yesterday I had a security warning that the
spreadsheet was linked to another spreadsheet and the linked spreadsheet
couldnt be found. When I copy and paste I create links between spreadsheets
because I choose Paste, Link. But the real problem is that once I reformat
the spreadsheet it wont save the formatting changes. I've tried saving the
spreadsheet to a new name but every time I try to reformat I lose the
changes. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.