Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
tsundru tsundru is offline

Default Export to Microsoft Excel missing from shortcut menu

Thanks for responding, Robert. I've searched in IE and Excel Help systems,
the MS site for both programs, and done searched on the Web. The command
appears on another machine with Win XP, and I don't recall having done
anything to have enabled (or disabled) it. I've posted to the Excel
discussion group - but I thought this would be more appropriate as it's an IE
feature, not an Excel feature.

thanks again.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

(cross-post added to Excel
"tsundru" wrote in message
I'm using a computer with Vista, IE 7.0.6000.16711CO, Office 2003 SP3. The
shortcut menu in IE does not have the "Export to Microsoft Excel" command,
which I desperately need.

Sounds like an add-on.

I've been searching all over and can't find any advice about how to add this command.

So you found the add-on? ; )

Can anyone help?

How have you been searching? Here's a clue which would help
if it had been disabled by an administrator (in which case if you
aren't an administrator you should ask that person.)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...364971033.aspx

(Live Search for
"export to microsoft excel" "internet explorer"
)

<quote
The Custom Installation Wizard for Microsoft Office XP gives you
the ability to delete registry keys during installation. If you want
to remove the Export to Microsoft Excel command during Office XP
installation, you can do so by removing the registry key in the Custom
Installation Wizard.
</quote

You would probably get more knowledgeable help about such
a feature if you posted in an Excel (or Office) newsgroup.
Cross-posting for convenience.

thanks.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle