Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Data Filter

Hi,

So why did David tell you to highlight the range? because the most likely
reason you are having this problem is that there is a completely blank row
somewhere in your data and the autofilter command will not automatically
"jump" over that to grab the remaining data.

FYI the 1000 record limit on the AutoFilter is no longer true. As of 2007
you can see up to 10,000 items.

Also, just because you can't see it doesn't mean you can't filter it. You
can use Custom Filter and Top 10 to return items that are not visible on the
list.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Stuart E" wrote:

Hi I'm trying to place a data filter at the top of a column that can sort the
data within that column. The filter works but it doesn't cover the whole
column some of the info is not shown as an option to select when I try to use
the filter. It seems to be the data at the bottom of the sheet from approx
line 500 onwards