Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default problem with udf

Post the UDF code and describe how you are using it in connection with CF.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:29:20 -0700, Bertus Swanepoel wrote:

Hi, I have done this the UDF way, but now excel behaves strangely. I have applied the conditional formatting to cells in Sheet2. If I want to pick up a value from sheet 2 in sheet1 (formula in sheet 1 A1: ='Sheet2'!B6), nothing happend in sheet 1. Instead excel inputs a formula in a random cell in sheet 2 which refers to itself creating a circular reference. When I clear the conditional formatting from sheet 2 all is fine. Has anyone experienced this?