Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Capping number of attendees that increase monthly

no it doesnt!!

FLOOR(2.5, 1) returns 2

Mike
"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Ceiling is one of the Excel rounding functions which rounds up to a multiple
so

=CEILING(2.5, 1)

Takes the number 2.5 and rounds to a multiple of 1 so returns 3.

The opposite function is (Unsurprisingly) Floor

=FLOOR(2.5, 1) returns 1.

you have to be careful with these because they actually change the value of
a number compared to a format which only changes the way we see the number.

All of these are documented in Help

Mike

"franciz" wrote:

Hi Mike

would you elaborate on this formula, what does Ceiling does? it the first
time I come across this function.

Thanks,

"Mike H" wrote:

Probably not enough information but with your starting number in a1, put this
in A2 and drag down.

=MIN(60,CEILING(A1*1.03,1))

Mike

"E" wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to show an increase of 3% monthly in program attendees, but want
to cap the number at 60 and create a waiting list. How do I write that
condition into the formula so it stops increasing the attendees at 60?

Thanks!