Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default macro help - copying a list of names

This macro should do what you want...

Sub AssignNames()
Dim X As Long
For X = 7 To 221
Worksheets("Sheet" & (X - 6)).Range("C1").Value = _
Worksheets("Index").Cells(X, "B").Value
Next

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"mastersparky" wrote in message
I have a list of names in an excel spreadsheet, specifically in column B of
worksheet called 'index' (the range of the list is B7:B221) I am trying
copy or link each name to a specific location on each of the 215
worksheets
(cell C1 on each worksheet) The worksheets are consecutively numbered
starting from sheet1, so the name from index!B7 gets copied to sheet1!C1;
index!B8 to sheet2!C1; index!B9 to sheet3!C1; etc., etc., all the way down
the list. Does anyone know of a macro to help me with this?? I am using
Office 2003 Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

mastersparky