Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Sum only certain worksheets in Excel

Hi,

we might be more help is you could explain what the spreadsheet names are
and how you would know when a user want to sum 5 locations, which 5? The
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, or for example, the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 8th?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"JLS" wrote:

Hello-
I have a file with 8 worksheets, each representing a different location. I
need to create a Total worksheet that will allow the user to select how many
locations they would like to see in the Total.
Ex. User 1 wants to see the Total if all 8 locations are summed.
User 2 is conservative and only wants to see the Total of 5 locations. etc.

Ideally, I envision a drop down box at the top that can be changed by the
User that will in turn change the totals in the spreadsheet automatically.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
--
JLS