Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Green Biro Green Biro is offline

Default Change Y axes (Categories) on line chart

I have a line chart. I am happy with my X axis categories, which say
something like "Term 1", "Term 2", "Term 3" etc
However my Y axis reflects the actual values (eg Points scored) that I wish
to chart, whereas I want it to contain descriptive terms such as "Grade C",
"Grade B" etc
I have read Jon Peltier on how to change axis by creating a dummy series in
a scatter graph. Problem is that if I change to a scatter chart, I lose my
X axis.values that I am happy with.
I suppose that I could then fix this by using Jon's solution twice: once for
x axis and once for y axis but that seems a bit "sledgehammer and Nut". Is
there an easier way just to get the categories on my Y axis without having
to create a completely different type of chart?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

GB.