Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default What is "drop page fileds here" for in a pivot table?

When you create a pivot table, you take one column of data and put in down
rows (row fields) and another column of data across columns (column fields).
then, you take a third column (usually numbers) and drop it into Data fields
to get sum, average, etc.

The header for Data will show on the top left. you can rename this button to
whatever you'd like (except the field name itself)

"pgarcia" wrote:

What is "drop page fileds here" for in a pivot table? Can I add a header? I
have three pivot table on one sheet and I need to tell which tabel is which.
I need header but one that will move with the table.

Thanks