Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
blucajun blucajun is offline

Default Data Validation & Dependent Lists -from same list?

This worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Create the lists of methods associated with the categories and name them
like this:

Shoes_method
Shirts_method
Pants_method

Then, as the source for the drop down in column C use:

=INDIRECT(A1&"_method")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"blucajun" wrote in message
Using the instructions on Contextures.com about Data Validation &
Dependant
Lists, I have created a form that contains the following columns with drop
down options:

(in columns A - B - C)
Category - Parameters - Methods

Category is the parent list and the lists for Parameters and for Methods
are
dependant on Category. In the cells for Parameters, I have used the
Validation function =INDIRECT(A2). So depending on what I choose under
category, the corresponding list shows up as options in the Parameters
column. Perfect! Now, the problem is that I don't know how to associate
the
my list for methods with the same category. For example:

My drop down options under Category (column A) a
Shoes
Shirts
Pants

If Shoes are chosen for the category, the Parameters options (col. B)
would
be:
Pumps
Loafers
Boots

If Shoes are chosen as the Category, the Method options (col. C) would be:
Lace Up
High Heel
Low Heel
Flats

I can't figure out how to associate column C with the list in Column A and
have it show the right data (as opposed to showing the same options in
Col.
B). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-D