Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pdgarza pdgarza is offline

Default Can I use a macro for color coding?

I need some more help with these macros. Here is what I have done so far:

I have an if/then statement in cells T9:T25 that calculates the numbers I
have in cells Q9-25:S9-25. Then I changed the color of the font to orange.
Then I set up a conditional format for these cells:

less than -2%=red
2% to 10%=green
greater than 10%=blue
(anything between -2% and 2% will remain orange)

This part works great.

Now here is what I am trying:
I want the font in cells Q:S to change to the same color as the font in cell
T. So, if the font in cell T9 is red, I want the font in cell Q9:S9 to
change to red. If the color is green, I want it to change to green, and if
it is blue, I want it to change to blue.

I cannot use the conditional formatting for the values in cells Q:S because
the color is based on the value in cell T, not the value in Q:S.

So I think I need to set up a macro but I have no idea how to start it. I
dont know if I need to use an if/then statement or a select case macro.

Please help! Thanks