Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bertus Swanepoel Bertus Swanepoel is offline

Default Conditional format if cell contains formula

Hi, I have done this the UDF way, but now excel behaves strangely. I have applied the conditional formatting to cells in Sheet2. If I want to pick up a value from sheet 2 in sheet1 (formula in sheet 1 A1: ='Sheet2'!B6), nothing happend in sheet 1. Instead excel inputs a formula in a random cell in sheet 2 which refers to itself creating a circular reference. When I clear the conditional formatting from sheet 2 all is fine. Has anyone experienced this? I am working in Excel 2007.

thanks