Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tablespider Tablespider is offline

Default Using If to combine answers including text and numbers

Hi

I am writing a brief questionnaire about the ages at which children are
allowed to do certain things, buy cigarettes etc, and have a simple problem.

If the person doing the test puts in the right answer, I've written the
formula to return "correct" "but it can vary" (or whatever the words are).
This is based on whether the answer they put in the cell matches the correct
answer on the second page of the worksheet.

SO, I'm fairly confident that the formula =IF(C4=Answers!B1,(Answers!C1+",
"+Answers!E1),(Answers!D1+", "+Answers!E1)) works, but it's return the error
expected for mixing text and numbers (C4 will be 16 for instance, the answer
being yes, but it can vary), coming from two fields.

Can anyone make this work, to incorporate the both responses?

Liam, Somerset England