Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Trying to get rid of the #DIV/0

Time to hop up on my soap box. IsError is not the correct function to use
here. Is error catches all errors be they #Div/0 or #value or... and treats
them all the same. If there is a #ref error in the source data I probably
don't want this formula to return zero as that would be incorrect. If you
reasonably anticipate a specific type of error then test for that error only.
If other errors you do not anticipate come up you are much better off to have
the error value come through. When checking for #Div/0 check if the
denominator equals zero.

Is error can be a useful formula and it has a place, but it is an easy one
to abuse. I personally can not remember the last time I used it and I write a
lot of spreadsheets.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"UlvaZell" wrote:

Combine the ISERROR function with an IF statement...

"Matt" wrote:

I have this formula in my cell but Can I get rid of the#DIV/0?

The formula in the cell is =SUM(B38:O38)/(COUNT(B38:O38)-COUNTIF(B38:O38,0)