Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Excel (2007) won't do a particular X-Y (Point) graph for me..

"" has never done that. We have asked for such a BLANK() or NULL() function,
but have never seen such.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Ake" wrote in message
Yes thank you, that does the job. I still think that MS should consider a
way
to imprint "Empty" in a cell from a formula, now that "" does not do that.
/
Ake

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You can deal with the "irritating ... text" in the table by conditional
formatting, colouring the font white (or your cell's background colour)
if
the cell satisfies the CF condition/ Formula is/ =ISNA(A1)
--
David Biddulph

"Ake" wrote in message
Yes, you are right. But that solves the plotting problem only- but it
still
does show up as irritating (to me ;-) text in the table, rather than
"empty
space". /Ake

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You have failed to quote any of the message to which you are replying,
so
don't know what has already been suggested, but if you don't want the
chart
to plot your "" as a zero value, try changing
IF(Condition;Something;"")
IF(Condition;Something;NA())
--
David Biddulph

"Ake" wrote in message
Thanks a lot Jon,

That's it. I did not realize that "" is in fact a string. And I did
my
small
data set testing using "no data" instead of "" which I thought meant
the
same
thing. So I got confused by the results.

So, how should I actually do IF(Condition;Something;"") then?
The reason I use it is that it works well on the Y-data, and that
the
table
I plot from looks "as clean as it is" (I don't want to fill all
empty
cells

Is there a workaround, or even some way to force the plot to "think
right".

Thank's again for clearing this up / Ake