Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Locking individual cells in an excel spreadsheet

Whichever options you would like users to be allowed can be checked.

I prefer not allowing users to select locked cells but they must be allowed
to select unlocked cells.

See more in-line below........

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:44:06 -0700, sglassedmkw
wrote:

Thank you so much for your response. Unfortunatly, it doesn't seem to be
working for me. Am I maybe missing a step? After I do the initial steps,
and then go ToolProtectionProtect Worksheet, which of the boxes need to be
checkmarked?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

sglass

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Bt default all cells on a protected sheet are locked.

Select all cells using CTRL + a(twice in 2003)

Did you do this?

FormatCellsProtection. Check unlocked.

Did you do this?

Select the cells to lock and lock them

Did you do this?.

ToolsProtectionProtect Worksheet.

Did you do this?

Gord

The cells with formulas will be workable but not editable.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:26:01 -0700, sglassedmkw
wrote:

I'm looking to lock specific cells in a spreadsheet so that no one can change
them. It needs to be a workable cell because its part of (or linked to) a
formula. I need to be able to change and work with the rest of the spread
sheet. I need someones help!!! Thanks for your help in advance!