William

Place this code in the "ProcessA" worksheet module.

With Sheets("ProcessA")
If Not Target(1).Address = .Range("C4").Address Then Exit Sub
..Range("E3:M3").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
If .Range("C4").Value = False Then _
..Range("E3:M3").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
End With
End Sub

The code assumes that C4 is not a formula and can only be changed by
selecting cell C4.
--

-----
XL2003

William

"Pennington" wrote in message
Williiam
This code now works on opening the workbook.
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Sheets("ProcessA")
Range("E3:M3").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
If .Range("C4").Value = False Then _
Range("E3:M3").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
End With
End Sub
But what I need is for the columns to be hidden when the value in cell C4
is
FALSE and when the value in C4 is changed to TRUE, the columns are
revealed
with the workbook open. I have tried selecting the command SheetChange
instead of Open but it doesn not work - what other options are there.

"William" wrote:

Pennington

Place the code in the "ThisWorkbook" module, NOT a general module.

-----
XL2003
Regards

William

"Pennington" wrote in message
Thank William but I can't get it to work. I have placed this code in
Module 1
of the workbook
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Sheets("ProcessA")
Range("E3:M3").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
If .Range("C4").Value = False Then _
Range("E3:M3").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
End With
End Sub
Saved the file closed and opening it but all the columns are still
showing

"William" wrote:

Hi..

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Sheets("Sheet1")
..Range("E3:M3").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
If .Range("C4").Value = False Then _
..Range("E3:M3").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
End With
End Sub

-----
XL2003
Regards

William

"Pennington" wrote in message
I am trying to hide a range of cells when the value in another cell
is
FALSE
and show the range of cells when the value is TRUE. My code is as
follows
but
it doesn't work
Private Sub Workbook_Open()