Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default How to remove 0's in front of numbers?

After specifying the format as number you have to activate them so you would
have to activate them as reentries.

One way would be to select an empty cell then select the cells you need to convert,
then right click, then Paste Special, then Add

That is better than multiplying by 1 as it will not damage empty cells.

For more information see
Number Conversions
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/numconv.htm

--
HTH, David McRitchie

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message ...
Format as general or as number without any decimals. If they still look the
same they must be text or have invisible characters.

Peo Sjoblom

"Kipurr" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers, as below. How can I remove the 0 in front?

035000
035002
035006
035009