Default want to remove all text characters equal to one character in length from text string

Thanks a bunch - I've sorted now with Find and Replace. Why didn't I
think of that???????!!!!!!

CLR Wrote:
It kinda depends on how your data is structured, with spaces between
initials or not...........but you could experiment with the Edit
Replace-
Find what: space***space Replace with: space,.........-

and see how it goes........or maybe use space*space, or space**space,
etc
etc until you get it.......may take a couple of tries.......then maybe
replace "Mr Mrs" with "Mr & Mrs".........etc etc

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"
wrote in
message
tration.com...-

I have over 2000 postal title in the following formats:
MR L A & MRS T L SMITH
MR L A SMITH
MR L A SMITH, MISS T L JONES & MASTER J S SMITH
etc etc
I want to convert it to a salutation as follows:
MR & MRS WALTON
MR SMITH
MR SMITH, MISS JONES & MASTER SMITH

I basically want to remove the initials to leave the title and
surname.
As far as I can see I need to remove all text characters except "&"
that
are 1 character in length.
Can anyone help??!!

--