Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Line Break in Cell Number Format

As it turns out, you can see the effect of the Ctrl+J in the Custom Format
field... use the up/down arrows to see each separate line.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
Set the cell's Format to "Wrap Text" on the Alignment Tab and then in your
Custom Format back on the Number Tab, press Ctrl+J wherever you want the
new line to be inserted (you won't see the effect in the Custom Format
field, but it will show in the cell itself.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"briancrosier" wrote in message
I would like to format a number so that it reads as follows:

Lump Sum
$5,000.00

I know that using custom formatting I can add the text, but I would like
show the result in two lines. Is there a way to add a line break in
custom
formatting?