Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Line Break in Cell Number Format

Set the cell's Format to "Wrap Text" on the Alignment Tab and then in your
Custom Format back on the Number Tab, press Ctrl+J wherever you want the new
line to be inserted (you won't see the effect in the Custom Format field,
but it will show in the cell itself.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"briancrosier" wrote in message
I would like to format a number so that it reads as follows:

Lump Sum
$5,000.00

I know that using custom formatting I can add the text, but I would like
show the result in two lines. Is there a way to add a line break in custom
formatting?