Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Vlookup is adding quotes!

I think you'll want to share those formulas on that other sheet.

Do they look like:
=""&edate(today(),-24)
or something else?

Michael Enoksen wrote:

I am trying to count number people based on dates.

On one sheet I have an array that has names and dates for a particular course.
ABG!$F$501:$F$599

On another sheet I have an array of formulas that are specific to that course.
""&EDATE(TODAY(),-24)

On a 3rd sheet I am trying to count the number of people that have dates
within my specific range.
=COUNTIF(ABG!$F$501:$F$599,(VLOOKUP(B5,Courses!$A$ 1:$C$24,3,FALSE)))

I am trying to make the sheet complete lookups based on the course. The
courses can possibly be moved in the future or else I would simply put the
formula in the counting cell.
=COUNTIF(ABG!$F$501:$F$599,""&EDATE(TODAY(),-24))

My problem is vLookup is automatically adding in quotes so it looks like
this:
=COUNTIF(ABG!$F$501:$F$599,"""""&EDATE(TODAY(),-24)")

I tried removing the quotes from the cell reference but when the quotes are
added it comes back:
=COUNTIF(ABG!$F$501:$F$599,"&EDATE(TODAY(),-24)")
and I need there to be a " after the sign or the formula will not work.

Of course being a man I hate asking for help but I need it so here I am
asking.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson