Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Jasper Recto Jasper Recto is offline

Default Excel CPU Usage

The issues is not the size of the files. The files that I've open is less
than a 1MB. Also, it happens when I open a new document. Just the act of
closing Excel causes the CPU usage to spike.

I have checked an this only does it with Excel. Word, Outlook, Access and
other programs don't do this, just Excel.

Thanks,
Jasper

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis) wrote in message
Very good point. I'd been thinking along the lines of "there is some
problem", while you have thought about "things may be working properly -
but
the file itself has changed".

"Dave Mills" wrote:

Check the size of the excel file. I recently saw one of mine that has the
share
workbook facility on grow from 2 MB to 76 MB. When I turned off Sharing
and
opened and closed the document it shrank back to just under 2MB. The
effect of
having 70MB opening was a long delay in opening and closing the file.

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:37:20 -0400, "Jasper Recto"
wrote:

I have computer that has Windows 2000 with Excel 2000. When the user
closes
excel, the CPU usage spikes between 70 and 100%. It stays that way for
about 15 seconds.

After you close Excel, you can't open up anything because the CPU is
being
taxed.

This only started about 2 weeks ago and it only does it with Excel.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jasper

--
Dave Mills
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that