Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KalliKay KalliKay is offline

Default multiple cell comparisons...nested if formulas?

I have three cells that may or may not have dates in them (all three could
have dates, two could have dates or all three could have no dates:
1) Actual Completion Date
2) Revised Completion Date
3) Estimated Completion Date
I need multiple comparisons made among the three dates all done in one cell.
If actual completion is blank, return "" and stop. If revised completion
date is blank, compare to see if actual completion date is estimated
completion date; if so, return "fix date", otherwise return actual completion
date and stop; if revised completion date is not blank, compare to see if
actual completion date is revised completion date; if so, return "change
date"; otherwise return actual completion date.

I have tried numerous formulas but am stumped on the complexity. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information to assist me,
please let me know. Thanks.

KK