Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default If cell equals a name then get data from column

Check out the VLOOKUP function examples in help.

=VLOOKUP(person's name,lookup_table,column_number,FALSE)

"person's name" can be a cell reference.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 05:03:01 -0700, JDB
wrote:

I need to pull data from monthly spreadsheets that is a list of names and
results. The names are not always in the same order. I need to collate the
results by line manager. The list of names is not divided into line manager
teams.

I have a sheet already that lists team member by line manager. I now need to
populate the data. So I really need is if cell on data sheet = "persons name"
then show me the data in column u for that person.

Any ideas?