Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Julie Holmberg[_2_] Julie Holmberg[_2_] is offline

Default How do I set up a time sheet in Excel?

I did get your posting, thank you. I have tried the formula and it is not
working. I amgoing to try and post it in this message so you can see what
I'm trying. Thank you again...
Mon
9/8/2008
7:00 (cell d13)
11:45 (cell d14)
12:45 (cell d15)
4:00 (cell d16)

Here is the formula I am trying:
=IF(D14<D13,D14-D13+12+D16-D15,D14-D13+D16-D15)

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Yes, that's right. Perhaps my message to in reply to Harshawardhan's post
hasn't got to your news server yet?

You could use =MOD(B2-A2,0.5)+MOD(D2-A2,0.5), but I would stick to my
recommendation of using either the 24 hour clock or specifically saying 1:30
PM, not just 1:30.
--
David Biddulph

"Julie Holmberg" wrote in message
Thank you for the help - I tried this but I think it needs more in the
formula. The problem being if they go to lunch say at 11:45 and come back
at
12:45, then the last part of the equation needs to take into consideration
the same 12 hour issue, right?

"HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI" wrote:

Hi Julie,

Let A is column for Start Time , B for leave for lunch,C for come back
from lunch and D for leave at the end then add this formula in column E
say
in cell E2.
=if(b2<a2,a2-b2+12+d2-c2,b2-a2+d2-c2)

Harshawardhan shastri

"Julie Holmberg" wrote:

What I need to do is have people enter the time they start, what time
they
leave for lunch, come back from lunch and leave at the end of the day.
want Excel to automatically calculate the number of hours and minutes
for
each of these so that I can then add up the total number of hours and
minutes
worked each day.
I am having a hard time formatting the cells (do I format them as time
or
numbers?) and then whenever I try to add or subtract hours, how do you
deal
with the 12:00 hour, which then seems to mess up any formulas. For
example,
if someone clocks in at 7 and goes to lunch at 1:30 - how can you
create a
formula where Excel will get the correct answer of 6:30 minutes worked?
HELP!