Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Julie Holmberg Julie Holmberg is offline

Default How do I set up a time sheet in Excel?

What I need to do is have people enter the time they start, what time they
leave for lunch, come back from lunch and leave at the end of the day. I
want Excel to automatically calculate the number of hours and minutes for
each of these so that I can then add up the total number of hours and minutes
worked each day.
I am having a hard time formatting the cells (do I format them as time or
numbers?) and then whenever I try to add or subtract hours, how do you deal
with the 12:00 hour, which then seems to mess up any formulas. For example,
if someone clocks in at 7 and goes to lunch at 1:30 - how can you create a
formula where Excel will get the correct answer of 6:30 minutes worked? HELP!