Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brenda Brenda is offline

Default problem with number format with 2 decimals?

I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet for mileage & fuel gallons on the same
worksheet.
Mileage is formatted as a whole number. Fuel gallons I want formatted with
2 decimal places. I do not want to enter the decimal point. I can set the
worksheet to "automatic insert a decimal point" to 2 places, but it overides
the format for the mileage as a whole number. If I turn off "automatic
insert a decimal point", I have to manually insert a decimal point.

Ex:
Mileage Gallons

Driver 3500 Truck 1 125.12

Any suggestions?