Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum Italics

Matthew,

Is there something about the italicized values that you can determine by other than visually looking
at them, or checking their font? Are they all negative, or greater than 100, or....

Anyway, lacking logic to select those values, a far better option would be to use another column,
and enter a value that could be checked, using a SUMIF / COUNTIF to get your values. Think of the
person who will inherit this workbook.....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Mathew P Bennett" wrote in message
Good Evening All,
I have a ss (cash flow) where some of the values are entered as italics, and the rest as normal.

I would like to be able to differenciate between the two when using a count function, plus using
the sum
function (but not together)
I thought of using an array, something like this, (or maybe a sumproduct)

ie SUM{(IF(A1:A10<Italics,FALSE,A1:10))}

I feel sure some VBA will be needed.

Any help or pointers would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Mathew