Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Is there a way to do an inverse two-way lookup?

Are you looking for the cell address of the value,
or do you need the data in the column and row headers of their intersection?

Give some idea of your datalist configuration.

RD

"car guy" <car wrote in message
I have reviewed information on how to retrieve a piece of data from a Lookup
table based on looking up a value in the columns and a value in the rows. I
am working on an application where I need to do the reverse of this. (i.e. I
have a value and I need to know the column and the row the value is found
in.) VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP only work for one-dimensional arrays and only if
the
data is in order. I would think that this would be a common need. Has anyone
figure an easy way to do this in an Excel spreadsheet. (I'm using Excel 2002
at work.)