Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Find a phrase in a string and convert it to a number

You can use the double unary minus (--), or you can multiply by 1, or
you can add zero to the result, or you can wrap the formula with
VALUE( ... )

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 24, 10:02*am, X-Ray wrote:
Iīm able to find a specific phrase in a string. But when this is a number the
result is still a text cel. What is the worksheet function I can use to
convert the result into a number ? I donīt want to copy and past the value
(past special - values only), because I want to keep the formula instead of
use the value.