Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How do you split a cell in half?

Not sure what you're looking for but here's a possibility...

A1:A5 = some numbers

Create an "in cell chart" in cells B1:B5 based on the numbers in A1:A5.

Enter this formula in B1 and copy down to B5:

=REPT("g",A1)

Format B1:B5 to use the Webdings font

Depending on the size of the numbers being "charted" adjust the column width
as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"The Doctor" <The wrote in message
I am trying to make a effeciency graph for a school project.
I have to split a cell in half and fill the cells in with colour for a
graph
on queuing.
A customer arrives every three minutes, so with two minute time intervals,
have to split the cell in half so that I can colour the time that he is
being
served.
Any help would be appreciated