Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Comparing more than two

What are you hoping to end up with? A table like this:

1 2 3 4 5 etc
Salesman_1
Salesman_2
Salesman_3

and so on? Where the numbers across the top are the months and the
salesmen's names are down column A? Will you only have a single year's worth
of data in your file, then how would you like the different years to be
treated?

You can use a single SUMPRODUCT formula in cell B1 to do this, and that can
then be copied across and down. The actual details will depend on your data
layout and number of records - could you post some more details, please?

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Vern" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that tracks Date, Salesman and Sale Amount in separate
columns with information over a year. How do I do an analysis of monthly
sales for each salesman individually.
I tried sumif(and but cannot seem to make it work? I am sure there is a
way.