Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PaulinaDi PaulinaDi is offline

Default Changing date format

Month by month I have to work a spreadsheet containing values that should be
in dd/mm/yyyy format but as I get this page from an internal program, I use
to get mm/dd/yyyy.
The real problem comes when I try to change mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy as the
first one is considered in General Number and it is not possible to change it
to any of the above mentioned (as Numbers).
What I have to do every month is to separate the text into columns, export
the result to word, replace Tabs for / and copy the result back to the excel
spreadsheet.
Is there any way to do this conversion in a simple way?
Just to reinforce: I'm not able to change it directly in excel as it seems
the column takes a special programming info outside my control.