Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tina K Tina K is offline

Default Analyzing survey results

Hi Pete,

Thank you for the suggestion. But, I'm not quite getting the formula to
work. I do not have a "Score" column (yet) as you suggested. Is that a
calculation or the possible survey answers?
My data looks like this:
A1 B1 C1 D1
Group Q1 Q2 Q3
HR 3 3 3
HR 3 4 2
IT 4 3 4
IT 2 2 3

Sincerely,
Tina

"Tina K" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am analzying the results of a survey for our company and I am wondering if
there is a better (smarter) approach in accomplishing what I want.

SCENARIO: I have an Excel spreadsheet full of data from the results of a
survey. The first row has field names (A1-J1) A1=Group Name, (ie. HR,
IT,), B2= Question 1, C1= Question 2, etc... In the rows just below are
random values, ranging from 1-4. 4= Strongly agree, 3= Somewhat agree,
2=Somewhat disagree, 4= Disagree. I want to calculate the % range of answers
from each dept for each question.

My very very long Solution: I sorted by Group (A1), then ran subtotals to
give me the count at each change of group. Next I wrote a Countif formula to
calculate the count for the first group(I added 4 rows underneath the
subtotal count), then wrote another formula next to this to divide this count
to the subtotal count, then formated the # to %. This works fine, but with
the amount of groups and questions ahead, if I did this manually it could
take some time.

Does anyone have another way to approach this?

Thanks in advance,