Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default I cannot open xls document sent by e-mail

On Sep 22, 7:24 pm, Rose B wrote:
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, Microsoft Works Suite 2006 and Tren
Micro Internet Security Pro 2009 - I cannot open xls documents sent in an
e-mail attachment. It seems to open in Word Pad and all scrambled

You have Works. You are trying to open an Excel file. These are not
the same thing. Works should be able to open a one-sheet Excel file. I
think. If it is a multiple-sheet file, you will not be able to see the
other sheets, just the first one.

http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...ktogether.mspx