Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Find / replace in excel 2003

You would need to precede the entry with an apostrophe or preformat the
cells as text, Excel cannot accept
8/08 as a date, it will try to help you convert it to a regular date

Peo Sjoblom

"dp" wrote in message
I have a column formatted m/yy for the date 2/08. Tried to replace 2/08
with
8/08 and excel couldn't find 2/08 - I realized that the cell actually
contained the date 2/8/2008 and I needed to use that to find/replace. Is
there some setting I need to change so the cell actually contains 2/08?
Thanks for your time
dp