Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo[_2_] Sheeloo[_2_] is offline

Default If isna match function???

Do you want to enter one of the values in Col D and then get the
corresponding values from Col B & C?

If that is the requirement then why not use Data-Filter and pick the value
you want?

If you HAVE to do it your way then
=MATCH(D37,D34:C15,0) will give you the row no. for deposit corresponding to
the value in D37
You can then use OFFSET to get the value from B & C

Here is the complete setup
Enter the value you want to lookup in D37
Enter in B37
=OFFSET(B1,(MATCH($D$37,$D$1:$D$34,0))-1,0,1,1)
Enter in C37
=OFFSET(C1,(MATCH($D$37,$D$1:$D$34,0))-1,0,1,1)

Note: This will return the first match only... There is no error checking...

"handyaccountant" wrote:

In Column B I have Sales, Column C Sales Tax and Column D the anticipated
deposit (combination of the two). These columns are broken down for daily
totals in rows 4 thru 34 (1-Jan-08 thru 31-Jan-08).

Further down in the sheet I want to be able to enter into Column D (say row
37) the actual deposit and have cells B37 and C37 populate with the matching
Sales and Sales Tax amount for that deposit